Friday, October 9, 2015

Simply Amazing Turmeric

Many years ago when I was very young(18) and newly married, had just moved to my first home in Texas, I went to a Health food store in Amarillo. I do not remember why, but I met a man who changed my life. An ex doctor who was trying to teach folk to prevent illness, rather than struggle with drugs after getting ill. We got to talking and I told him I worried about inheriting my folks health problems, mom had osteo-arthritis, and dad had rheumatoid, and there was cancer and other stuff too. He introduced me to two anti-inflammatory herbs, ginger and turmeric. Now turmeric is being proven to be nearly a miracle herb, it can do so much. I have never had any joint aches or pains and have avoided most old age problems so far. Today I will tell you a little about this amazing herb. All this information comes from the new issue of Mother Earth Living, a truly wonderful magazine Studies have now confirmed that turmeric can ward off brain disease, cancer, digestive disorders and much more. Turmeric, or Curcumin is the most important herb in your medicine cabinet. It has many benefits, it protects the nervous system , is an anti inflammatory, antimicrobial, anti-cancer and anti Alzheimer's protector. It ameliorates arthritis better than the drug Voltaren without the drug interactions. It discourages blood clots, by lowering levels of bad cholesterol. There are many ways to get this product into your diet, the easiest is a capsule a day, they are very inexpensive compared to drugs, about $3.00 a month. I take the capsules, plus most everything I cook has powdered turmeric and ginger added to it, I like the taste in soups and vegetables. If you wonder, turmeric is the yellow color in mustard, so eating that instead of sugar laced ketchup is a good thing for your health. There is so much more, I will continue next week to give you information. It has been a wonderful weather week, and the deck finishing is done, have a couple of spots to touch up, but it looks so nice, and is the one big job I am happy to get behind me. Still have some clipping, repotting etc. to finish up before the cold weather arrives, but reports this am say next week will have more warm days, near 80. Yea. Made a batch of Pine Tree salve yesterday, it has been brewing on my cupboard for 8 weeks now. Looking at some other products to get made up as Christmas gifts, nice to be home and have the time to spend creating again. Hope this finds you in good health, eat pumpkin and fall squashes, they are so good for you. See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment