Friday, December 16, 2011

Glowing skin, great cookies

 I used to use a face peel once  week, but have n't done so for a very long time. When shopping this week, I spent a long time checking the cosmetic area for the tube I used to get, but no luck. So I did what I should have in the first place, checked on line for natural recipes. So easy! Brew  a half cup of water and a green tea bag,or if you use loose tea, an egg full, for 10 minutes. While still warm, sprinkle an envelope of unflavored gelatin on top and stir well.  Put in frig til set. Smear on face and let harden. This should take 5 minutes or more. Then peel off and rinse with warm water. It will work better if you have washed your face with warm water and dried ahead of the mask.
 If you are adventerous, you can make this mask with fruit juice, apple, raspberry,  pear, papaya, even lemon if you dilute lemon with water. For these you need to sprinkle the gelatin on top of the juice and microwave til melted, cool and proceed as before.

  I found a quick cookie recipe I want to share with you, very easy and my neighbor loves them, me too.
 60 crushed vanilla wafers mixed with 3 tablespoons Cafe Vienna(Inter-national Coffee) and 1- 8 ounce package of cream cheese. Roll into 36 balls and freeze. Melt semisweet chocolate or bark,  I like the  vanilla,and dip cookie balls, sprinkle with your choice of fancy sprinkles. I put mine in tiny candy paper cups, then into a box.
 If you want to vary the cookies, you can  use a 16 oz package of chocolate sandwich cookies, or lemon sandwich cookies, or gingersnaps,  you get the idea, but one thing I learned, you can't substitute peanut butter, it won't hold the crumbs together.
  Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment