Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Mountain Memories, and ok, now I have officially lost it

Last Sunday my kids from NE arrived for a visit, son, daughter in law and two youngest grand kids, 7 months and 3 and a half years old.  We had such a fun week,  Monday we stayed home and I got to play with the girls. Tuesday we went to Bybee ,TN and the Safari Park.  You drive through a wilderness park and get up close and personal with all kinds of critters, who are trained to know tourists come with buckets of food so if your windows are open, they have their heads in there looking for goodies.  My son's car left with zebra, bison and deer nose prints on the windows and on the car, but it was a fun morning. Stopped at Grill 73 for lunch.  Next day we headed to Ripley's Aquarium, in Gatlinberg, that's an impressive place. Saw so many different forms of water life, Erin petted a string ray. Lunch at Bubba Gump's. And Thursday we drove to the foothills of the Smokies, great view and some good shots  of my oldest and youngest sons and grand daughter standing in front of the Smoky Mountain Range. Lunch that day was at Carver's Apple Orchard. W e had some great evenings visiting with my son and daughter in law that live here, and their 2 big dogs. But the time came to an end, and Thursday night I visited with my daughter in law while she packed. I should point out that I have a cat, about 7 years old, who has been my companion since my husband died. She is set in her ways and expects combing at night and her treats. So I got in a late combing and put the comb on the headboard. Morning came, and breakfast and packing the car took over, and the great week ended as the kids headed home.  How quiet the house was again.  That evening, I headed for the bedroom to give cat her combing. Could not find the comb. Moved everything I could looking for it, even got down and looked under the bed thinking it might have fallen off. Spent the next few days looking, finally went to Walmart and thought I would just get a new one. Well, duh, they didn't have any like that, it's a flea comb but does a good job of removing her under fur so she doesn't eat it all. Decided it had to be under the bed somewhere, so this morning got up and stripped the bedding, and moved the mattress and box springs. Oh my, it did need a good vacuuming, but no comb was there. Well, the bedroom is very clean, used mattress refresher and put on clean sheets. And then I went to unplug the vacuum, and as I leaned down, there on the bookshelf was the lost comb.  I was laughing out loud, because I had to have passed by it dozens of times the last 5 days and never saw it, right there under my nose.  I have a nice fresh bedroom and the lost is found.
Sometimes I wonder about  my head, guess most days it functions ok, but there are days.  Hope you had a good week, too, mine was extraordinary!

No comments:

Post a Comment