Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Hello again, what's for breakfast?

It's good to  be back, will take a while to get up to speed but will catch you up on the last two months.
  Started out the first of February with my sis and her hubby, on a trip to Myrtle Beach SC. What a lovely place! We had a suite on the 15th floor of a BlueGreen hotel, looking right at the beach. Could watch the sunrise and sunsets. And the tide washing in. We spent time on the beach,gathering shells, and then we explored the boardwalk and little shops in the area. It was fantastic. Then we headed for Illinois, and my daughter's house for overnight on the way back to NE. Clutzy me, fell down her steps on the way out to the  car for trip. Knew I had banged my ankle and it hurt but went ahead and left anyway. By the time we arrived in NE, my daughter in law took me to the ER clinic, where I found out I had broken my leg.A temporary cast was applied. And I was old not to bear weight on the leg. So a wheelchair arrived to make me stay off. I was holding my grand daughter and didn't put her down right, tipping the wheelchair over and sending us to the floor. Tangled up my other leg, so an ambulance came and they scooped me up off the floor and took me to the local hospital.
  I was not in a good position to take care of myself, so stayed, much like the Man who came to dinner, for a very long time. Got home last week, and now I am trying to become independant again.
  I have some recipes to share, but for some reason can not find them. So for today, I am giving you  an easy breakfast to whip up.
   Breakfast Muffin in a flash

1/4 cup quick oats
1 egg
A few blueberrys
1 tsp brown sugar
1 T soy milk(can use regular)
Mix all in coffee mug, and microwave for 1 minute. Can add 30 seconds more if it doesn't seem done.
    Happy eating, see you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment