Monday, December 4, 2017

Awwww Rats!

 Rolled out of bed this morning after a cuddle with Lib and Lil, made the bed and got dressed for the.  day. As I was putting on my sweat shirt, I noticed something ODD. Holes in the elbows of my shirt. And its my favorite outfit, oh yea, it's old, bought it before Pat died so over 10 years old. But it has kitties on it, and is a nice weight, not heavy or light, just in between.  My first thought was how to fix it. Maybe patches, maybe cut off the sleeves and create a vest to go over another shirt. Anyone else would just toss it and get something else, but can I find another I like as well?  Then while donning my matching sox, some  the kids gave me a few years back, yike, have gone through the toes of them.   Oh well, went ahead to the kitchen and fed the girls, had breakfast and started cleaning the kitchen., My makings for cosmetics cupboard needed reorganizing, thats done, I swept and scrubbed surfaces, amazing how well my vinegar water, tea tree oil and dawn cleaner works.  Took time out to go mail some letters, one of our church ladies is in the hospital, and had a package to go out too. Opened the care door and remembered I need to repair that, part of the molding above the door is falling off.  My car is a 94 Chrysler, darn good car, except its rusty and has a cracked windshield and a few other things starting to wear out.  But it runs great now that I put about  a thousand bucks repair into it last summer.  Back to cleaning, sweeping the floors I am reminded I need to get the house re blocked, so the floors will quit cracking, also see some molding strips pulling away and the tub surround has come out a bit. Hopefully by summer  I can get that done, may need help finding a blocking person that's reasonable.  So now I have the floors swept and break out the scrubber.   The handle broke off a while back, but it works just fine otherwise. Doug tried to epoxy the handle back together but it would not hold.  And the vacuum died, with fur babies I had to replace that.  Thank goodness for credit cards.  It struck ,me, I am old and falling apart and so is everything I own.  But you know what? This is only a temporary place. If I can hang in and be a good Christian and follow the rules and do what I am here for, there's a much better place waiting.  Makes my day to think of that.  Putting in a word  with  God today for all my friends who are sick, having surgery or having problems, I ma blessed, have more than I need and continue  to keep busy hopefully doing some good as far as spreading a little cheer, a smile, or sharing a card with a friend.  I often wonder if Christ will come again at Christmas, like the first time.  We are getting close to that day again.   When we got to  church yesterday, the preacher who was coming from another town  had called to say he had a flat tire and would be late if he got there at all, he did, and not far into the service.  We had so few people there I felt bad  because it was the beginning of the cantata and Christmas services.  We had an advent candle toi light, no matches, tho  some were found,  seemed all that could go wrong did so, but  it was still a good service, with communion and fellowship abounding.  God works in mysterious ways I guess.  We all left smiling and talking to each other. Nice morning, and inspirational all the way.  Don;t forget what time of year it is, and how we should remember this spirit all year, helping others, sharing a hug or a smile. Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment