Sunday, August 13, 2017

A look at Ayurveda

Most of you know I am somewhat of a rebel, following the rules are not always my thing. When I was 18 and newly married, I met a man who had been a doctor of medicine, but gave it up because he did not like what western medicines did to his patients. For the most part, this type of medicine masks symptoms but does not cure. Ayurveda however looks for the cause and heals the problem. Case in point, Dad had tinnitus for years, and a few years back it became part of my life. I follow a Guru called Yogi Cameron, he said to fix the problem, put 3 or 4 drops of sesame oil into each ear, letting it soak in for 10 or 15 minutes , doing it one side at a time. It took over a month, but the ringing left. Not only that, but soon huge chunks of ear was floated up into my ear, and I could just pick them out and dispose of them. The man I met when I was 18, told me how to avoid the horrific crippling arthritis my mom and dad both had suffered, and also prevent cancer and a host of inflammatory problems. As simple as taking a capsule of turmeric and one of ginger root every day. I have done that ever since. I have no joint pain or aches, no knarly hands, and so far no big health problems. A cheap, simple thing I wish every one could know and start doing young, it would stop so many problems later in life. So turmeric is an Ayurvedic herb, and used in many ways, I also keep a big jar of organic spice turmeric on my cupboard, and add it to all my soups and stews and most everything I cook. The 2nd herb I use is Ashwaganda.IT'S ALSO ANTI-INFLAMMATORY, ANTI-CANCER and enhances your immune cells. It's a sleep aid, a stress reducer and more. Ayurveda is a natural way of supporting your good health. Yoga and meditation are also a part of the practice. Lots of good information is available on line, and if you have not subscribed to Mother Earth Living, you really should, so much good information there. Are you getting ready for some fall cleaning? Have a recipe or two to share. To make an all purpose dis-infecting cleaner, and make your house smell amazing, combine 2 cups of water, 1 cup of white vineagr and 25 drops of essential rosemary oil. Pour into a large spray bottle and use to clean kitchen and bathroom surfaces. To make a scrub, for sinks, toilets etc, mix 1/2 cup of baking soda, 1/3 of a cup of castile soap(liquid)and 10 drops of rosemary essential oil, mix we.. apply a small amount to a cloth and use to scour surface. Rinse well. To brighten and strengthen your hair, heat 1 cup apple cider vinegar to almost boiling, pour over 2 T fresh rosemary and add 10 drops of lavender oil. To use, add 2 T to 1 cup of water adn massage your hair after shampooing. Rinse well. School has begun in all of our area, and most other places too now, hope we still have a good amount of at least warm weather before it gets cold again. Be happy, be healthy, eat real food. See you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment