Saturday, July 29, 2017

Eventful Summer, 2017

I love looking out my kitchen window while I sip a cup of coffee and enjoy the beauty of this mountain. Early spring, March, is yellow time. Forsythias, daffodils, are abundant. Soon they are replaced with Dogwoods and Red Buds, creating a pink and white scene. Around the first of June, the Mimosa's are in bloom. And by later June, the Crepe Myrtles are giving us a brilliant showing of pinks, lavenders, reds and whites. We are just beginning to loose these now, the rain last night seems to have started the flowers falling off the trees. Every season has a color, always something to marvel at. Earlier this spring, my starter in the car gave out, requiring replacement. That was followed by needing new tires, and a few days later, the brakes failed. Spent a lot on repairs, some of which I ma still paying off. Somewhere in this time frame, my daughter Laurie and her son Paul came to visit. Paul designed a great website for my products. Thanks Paul The first of July, my son Brian and his little gals, Erin and Samantha came to visit. We had a wonderful time. Went to Grill 73 for lunch the first day, and after that we went to Bybee, then Dandridge to lunch at a new restaurant there, then Pigeon Forge to the Pottery Barn, their food was good and we watched pottery being made. Went to White Pine to the Burger Bar, and then the next day to Hot Springs N C to the Iron Horse. Whew. One afternoon late into the visit we came home to a backed up septic system. Total yuck, nasty thing to share with guests. Thank goodness my plumber is fast and reasonable, he came and got the tank pumped, but sadly had to take out the pear trees that had grown roots into the system. I have been making pear butter, and pear sauce and canning those pears for a good many years. No more. I am grateful for Brian's help with the clean up and disinfecting, we had a real mess. And the kids kicked in to help me pay the damages, now I am paying them back and grateful for their help. Just 2 days after the Nebraska kids went home, I was canning dill pickles and someone knocked on the door, by gosh, it was Dave and Kim, my son and wife from S. C. What a treat, I rarely get to see them. It's a little cooler today, we finally got some much needed rain. I am also pleased with the orders I am getting from Etsy, and my website, joyfulbodycreations. Each order helps me pay of some of the debt. Will be glad to get it all square again. School has started in some areas around us, and by the end of next week, most of the kids will be back at it. Summer sure flew by. Hope you had a good one too. Take care, stay well, enjoy the beauty around you. Til next time, stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment