Saturday, August 13, 2016

Brew Your Own Anti biotic, to stay well this coming season

Hard to believe that school is back in session, and fall is not far away. When school resumes, bugs come home and germs get spread around. I have a recipe you need to start now as it takes two weeks to brew, but this is almost exactly what I have been making for coughs and colds for many years. So first, your need a quart glass jar, with a tight fitting lid. Into that jar put 1/4 cup of chopped garlic. 2 fresh hot peppers, chopped, the hotter the better, 1/4 cup of grated ginger, 1/4 cup of chopped onion, 3 tablespoons of honey , 1 tablespoons of powdered turmeric, 2 tablespoons of grated horseradish. Stir well, and add 3 cups or what fits in your jar leaving an inch of head space. Shake. Place in a cool dark area and shake daily for 2 weeks. Strain, put in clean jar, and take at least 1 tablespoon a day to boost your immune system and prevent colds, flu etc. Well worth the fixing time. I have a problem finding fresh horseradish but you can buy a jar of just horseradish, not made into a spread, in the condiment section of the store. The garden is slowing down a bit now, still getting zucchini and tomatoes, and a few cukes. The pear trees are loaded. In fact, they are so heavy, a branch fell onto my roof and into my Dish, disrupting my tv service. My son came down with his chain saw and took down the offending branches. The tree right at the back of my house grows very tall, 30 feet maybe, limbs that are very thin and can't support the weight of all the pears on it. Looks like a lot of pear butter will be made this fall, better go buy more jars. Our new kitten is so cute, even though my older cat is still hissing at it, we are making progress, boy, could I use some of that energy. She is like a whirling Tasmanian dervish. Makes me tired just watching her. She is still very young, about 10 weeks old now. It's Fair time, seeing a lot of them ongoing in the area,including one that injured three kids on one of the rides, so glad they are all improving, there have been too many accidents this year already. Be cautious. Hope you have the school shopping done and are getting ready to settle into the routine again, I do not have to go there now, but keep watch over my grandkids and great grandkids school progress. Bought my first Christmas gift, so have started the shopping for December. Have a great week, til next time, stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment