Sunday, September 24, 2017

I am a wannabe, and a great recipe for cleaning your toilet tank

  For about 7 years now, I have been growing , and learning to use herbs, trees, and even weeds to make skin care and health care items.  I am very picky about using organics, and no parabans, chemicals fake colors or scents.  If you read labels on any product you buy, shampoo, toothpaste, body wash, etc, you find long lists of stuff you never heard of.   For example, L'Oreal recently put out an aloe gel face lotion, with about 50 ingredients. I read through it and picked the useful ones, aloe, glycerin, vitamin E and lavender essential oil, and make my own now. It's wonderful and soothing and a little tightening.  My studies  give me access to several plant magazine articles, webcasts and classes. I learned last week that I could be considered  a Wortcunner.  This is an AngloSaxon term for wort, herb, and cunner, learner.   Of course it can also denote a person with occult powers. I have been accused of witch craft, but do not fancy myself a witch. Nor am I anywhere as proficient as I would like to be, but keep learning about the use of herbs every day. At the moment, I have Firewater cough syrup brewing on the cupboard, a jar of Calendula flowers steeping on the window sill, and yesterday I whupped up a batch of Lavender, Vitamin E lip balm.  One of my favorite items is Pine Salve, it's a long process to make, but has amazing pain easing abilities, have family and friend in NE that love the stuff, even have used it for shingles pain.  My household cleaning items are a gallon jug of white vinegar, a BIG box of baking soda, several pounds,  Borax, essential oils, alcohol and peroxide. From these, you can make disinfectants that are not harmful to your health and they keep your home fresh and clean.  The recipe today is this, in a bowl mix 1/2 cup of baking soda., 1/3 cup citric acid  {for canning fruit, found in the canning supply area) and 1 teaspoon of Dawn dish detergent. With your fingers, mix til it feels like wet sand. Pack into molds, ice cube trays about half full or cupcake liners, the small ones work if you don't have others. Let it dry for several days, it gets very hard. Drop one in the toilet tank, after fizzing stops, let it stand for as long as possible, I left mine for over an hour.  Wow, it cleans stuff out really well.   Flush, store  tablets in an airtight container(sandwich bag will do.)  Fall is officially here, tho its turned quite warm again, not complaining, I love this warm weather.  Not looking forward to being stuck inside this winter while Mother Nature  hands out  frost and cold.  But each season has a purpose, for renewing the earth. I am blessed with a wonderful family,lots of good friends and many projects to keep me busy.,  I wish you the same, a happy fulfilled life.  Chase your dreams, you are never to old to learn new things. Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment