Friday, January 6, 2012

Home made Grahm Crackers

  Hi all, the sun is up, the weather is warmer, who could ask for more! Except for a neighbor making strange noises somewhere, its a peaceful morning.
  My grandson made the Deans list again, so proud of him.  I have absolutely the worlds best grandchildren, and one of them has two kids, making me a great grammie. Seems such a short time ago my parents were in this position and I was the younger one, but the worm turns and now I am the "old" one. Time slips away so rapidly, that a year passes in a blink of the eye.
  I have a great, easy recipe for you today, and I am hoping you are joining in on the switch from processed to more natural, better for you foods. It's really an easy way to eat, a little protein, lots of fresh fruits and vegetables and stay away from junk foods. It's amazing to see how many things in the grocery store are not good for us, and not essential for a good diet.

  So here we go,
 Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

4 Tablespoons of butter, room temperature
4 Tablespoons of maple syrup or honey
1 egg
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda

Beat the butter and syrup or honey until smooth. Add the egg and beat again.
Mix the dry ingredients and slowly add to the honey mixture. Will be crumbly, add a few drops of water if needed.  Press onto a baking sheet, I would line mine with parchment. Make two inch squares with a knife, and prick each square with a fork a few times.  Bake for 15 minutes, cool, then break into crackers.
  You know what's in these, so no problem giving your kids a healthy treat.  Yourself too.
  Til next time, have a great week

No comments:

Post a Comment